The chapel was one of Louis XIV's last projects for Versailles.
He only got to use it for 5 years before he died.
The king would attend mass here every day.
He would sit on the upper level - under a painting of himself in full battle gear!
He would only go downstairs for special celebrations.
The chapel was dedicated to himself and Saint Louis - patron saint of Louis XIV's Bourbon monarchy.
The Bourbons were one of the oldest ruling royal families in Europe - ruling uninterruptedly from 87-1792 and then 1814-1848!
The two Ls near the altar refer to both Louis XIV and Saint Louis.